Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow australia forum, i have seen you guys have been helpful and answer most of the question on the forum, that is really nice. I have a question about adding a partner ( we recently married ) i am on 187 rsms bridging visa. Nomination approve after waiting 23 months, case officer called me ask if i want to put my partner as migrating if so i need to pay some fee. I tell my MA and paid him the fee $AU1875, then after 2 weeks case officer called again to double check if i wants to put my partner and i said yes, but she said she havent got the payment yet. I am bit frustrated, do you know how to add secondary applicant? Does case officer needs to send an invoice so we can pay it via "manage payment" in immiaccount?
Any answer will be really appreciate!
Thanks so much guys.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Shouldn’t you be asking your Migration Agent?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
i had in touch with migration agent, what he did is email the nsw.pese and just said to wait for the reply from them though. I thought there should be another way to pay for the fee?
Your migration agent should know all this and be able to explain it to you. I do not understand why people pay money to professional registered migration agents and then need to go on a public forum to get answers to their questions.

If the agent has followed correct procedures, then I think you should not be second-guessing their actions. if they haven't, you should take it up with them and ask them what the procedures and payment options are and how they have addressed the issue.

2.8 A registered migration agent must:
(a) within a reasonable time after agreeing to represent a client, confirm the client's instructions in
writing to the client; and
(b) act in accordance with the client's instructions; and
(c) keep the client fully informed in writing of the progress of each case or application that the agent undertakes for the client;

2.20 A registered migration agent must:
(a) find out the correct amount of any visa application charge and all other fees or charges required
to be paid for a client's visa application under the Migration Act or the Migration Regulations; and
(b) give the client written advice of the amount of each fee and charge; and
(c) if the agent is to pay an amount for the client - give the client written advice of the date by which the amount must be given to the agent so that the interests of the client are not prejudiced; and
(d) give the client a written notice of each amount paid by the agent for the client

https://www.mara.gov.au/media/553229/Code_of_Conduct_April_2017.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had in touch with migration agent, what he did is email the nsw.pese and just said to wait for the reply from them though. I thought there should be another way to pay for the fee?
Your migration agent should know all this and be able to explain it to you. I do not understand why people pay money to professional registered migration agents and then need to go on a public forum to get answers to their questions.

If the agent has followed correct procedures, then I think you should not be second-guessing their actions. if they haven't, you should take it up with them and ask them what the procedures and payment options are and how they have addressed the issue.

2.8 A registered migration agent must:
(a) within a reasonable time after agreeing to represent a client, confirm the client's instructions in
writing to the client; and
(b) act in accordance with the client's instructions; and
(c) keep the client fully informed in writing of the progress of each case or application that the agent undertakes for the client;

2.20 A registered migration agent must:
(a) find out the correct amount of any visa application charge and all other fees or charges required
to be paid for a client's visa application under the Migration Act or the Migration Regulations; and
(b) give the client written advice of the amount of each fee and charge; and
(c) if the agent is to pay an amount for the client - give the client written advice of the date by which the amount must be given to the agent so that the interests of the client are not prejudiced; and
(d) give the client a written notice of each amount paid by the agent for the client

https://www.mara.gov.au/media/553229/Code_of_Conduct_April_2017.pdf
Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it. I try to trust my migration agent, i maybe think too much and being furiously to get everything sort asap.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it. I try to trust my migration agent, i maybe think too much and being furiously to get everything sort asap.
Your anxiety is totally understandable. Your agent should be able to re-assure you. You have the right to ask questions if you are not sure about something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.