Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My partner and I have been in a long term relationship for about four years, but we're only out to our close friends. We've been living in his house for about 3 years and 10 months. He bought this house 2 years before we met so we don't have a lease agreement.

The problem is we're in the process of gathering all the evidence for our submission at the end of this month and we seem to lack certain things because of the nature of our relationship and our financial aspects. I feel very stressed so here are my questions and concerns:

1. Is a joint account some kind of a MUST - HAVE - OR - REJECT evidence?
We've always been against it but our friends, who claim to have a friend who works as an immigration officer, pressured us into having it otherwise our application would definitely be rejected. We did open it in 2016 but we barely transfer money into it because my partner has an offset/savings account where the more money he has in this offset/mortgage acc, the less mortgage interest we pay. We think that it's not wise for us to transfer our money to a third account that wouldn't help reduce the mortgage interest.

2. We don't have assets or bills in joint names except that he made me an additional card holder to his credit card account in 2016. We have however transferred money to each other quite frequent in the last four years. When I started working full time I transferred money to his account about 10k in one year because he went unemployed. He helped me pay for my international tuition fees in 2014-2015 (around $12000). He still owes 4k to his credit card company because of that. Will all of this make up for the lack of joint assets or bills?

3. We lived in different states for 6 months due to my work commitment. I made 6 trips back here during the physical separation, while he visited me once. We have phone bills listing calls to each other ranging from 1 min to 2 hrs and hundred pages of messages. Should I provide anything else or a witness to prove that we were still in a relationship during that period?

4. We've only had 5 interstate trips together in 4 years and 1 getaway trip around here? Is this even enough?

5. We only have 3 pictures with friends and our parents don't know about our relationship(it's kind of a culture thing). We only have 4 stats from our Australian citizen friends. This one worries me a lot.

·
Registered
774 Posts
We did not have a joint account when we did our 820 visa. However, I printed bank statements and went through highlighting what bills were paid from each other's accounts, showed money transfers between our accounts, etc. We also stated that we pay bills from whichever account has money at that time, so both shared in the expenses. The highlighted bank statements showed this.

We had 1 trip to Bali and 1 trip to the United States.

I printed our facebook page relationship, and only included about 10-15 pictures total.

Write a stat dec explaining the culture thing as to why your parents don't know about it. We supplied 5 form 888s.

Make sure you address what you've said: why you don't have a lease agreement, etc.

Put yourselves on each other's wills. Superannuation. Get a flybuys account with you both. A Woolworths account with you both. Authorize each other on the utilities, etc.These are all things that will help. Make sure you document/explain everything.

But my best advice would be to contact one of the RMAs from the Sticky post on this forum and have them help you. They'll know exactly what to do. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.