Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Me & my partner have been living together for more than a year in a house owned by my partner's parents. we had a special arrangement with his parents meaning that there's no lease done up and all bills utilities are under their name but we're the ones paying for everything. We've kept all receipts etc. what documentation do we have to present to prove that we've been living and supporting each other during this period?

also, I am currently on a 485 visa and I just currently changed my address recently with DIAC to where I am living now due to personal reasons eventhough I moved in with my partner for awhile now. will that affect our application since It will show that on their records i am still officially living at my old address?

help please!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
A person had a similar situation that she posted about recently and you oughtto have a read of http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/3222-defacto-visa-application-few-questions.html for some ideas, getting some sort of a lease document drawn up being ideal and just have it dated as applicable.

Re not advising DIAC, you'll need to cover that with an explanation.

And then Booklet #1 you'find referenced under partner visas will have info about statutory documents etc.

If you are in either ACT, Victoria or Tasmania, seeing about having the relationship registered may help as well - check Births, Deaths and Marriages register in particular state if applicable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Wanderer, you help so many people here.

Will registering the relationship waive the 1 year evidence of living together or is it just to make the case more stronger? I believe this is not offered in sydney as well. will it be easier if we moved to say ACT or Victoria?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The relationship registration is relatively new in respect to DIAC considering it, legislation in November last year.
What the regulations actually say is that the 12 months relationship is waived, the registration being akin to a marriage certificate and just like being married I'd expect that there would still need to be some supportive evidence of the relationship.

If you moved to a state/territory where the registrations were legislated for and were living there, it may help but then I imagine DIAC will be alert to moves of convenience just as they are to marriages of convenience, hence the 12 months requirement on partner visas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.