Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I received mine about 5-6 weeks from application of my 820 visa. Sometimes they only take a month or so; other times, it can take several months. It just depends on how quickly they look at it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received mine about 5-6 weeks from application of my 820 visa. Sometimes they only take a month or so; other times, it can take several months. It just depends on how quickly they look at it.
Thank you, did you also apply within the 28 days of your substantive visa expiring? I am now worried I have done the wrong thing as I have read we have to give reasons that were out of our control why I applied onshore. I believe we have compassionate and compelling reasons but not reasons out of our control.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes, I did apply within the 28 day window of my substantive visa expiring. For me, I did have some issues that kept me from making the application beforehand. However, if you are successful in getting a waiver, it waives those requirements. And it could be considered beyond your control if you explain your reasons for applying...due to discovering after you'd already applied for the other visa that due to the changes that were implemented, you were no longer eligible to apply for that visa and had to withdraw it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I did apply within the 28 day window of my substantive visa expiring. For me, I did have some issues that kept me from making the application beforehand. However, if you are successful in getting a waiver, it waives those requirements. And it could be considered beyond your control if you explain your reasons for applying...due to discovering after you'd already applied for the other visa that due to the changes that were implemented, you were no longer eligible to apply for that visa and had to withdraw it.
Thank you again you have been really helpful. I was thinking that you received the waiver only if you met the requirements, is that not the case? We did put a statement in our application explaining our situation.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's really hard to say. You can try to meet all of the requirements. And/or you can ask for a waiver of Schedule 3 due to compelling circumstances. If granted a waiver, then that means they waive Schedule 3 criteria. That's what you want to go for...a complete waiver so that it won't be an issue for your reasons why you applied on a BVA.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's really hard to say. You can try to meet all of the requirements. And/or you can ask for a waiver of Schedule 3 due to compelling circumstances. If granted a waiver, then that means they waive Schedule 3 criteria. That's what you want to go for...a complete waiver so that it won't be an issue for your reasons why you applied on a BVA.
Aw I think I understand now (the penny has dropped). So if we dont pass the "out of your control" criteria then we would ask for a waiver due to compelling circumstances? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Aw I think I understand now (the penny has dropped). So if we dont pass the "out of your control" criteria then we would ask for a waiver due to compelling circumstances? Thank you very much.
Yes. But you have to make sure you have compelling circumstances.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mark is good. I worked with him on some of my visa stuff. :) CCMS is also brilliant. He helped me with my Schedule 3. I worked with both RMAs and was SO glad I did. The Schedule 3 criteria is very scary.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just updating - It has been 6 months since I applied for my PR 820 and still waiting for the natural justice letter to come through asking for reasons why I applied onshore.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just updating - It has been 6 months since I applied for my PR 820 and still waiting for the natural justice letter to come through asking for reasons why I applied onshore.
Hi Emily. Was wondering how you were going with it all. I've heard some people don't get it until much later into their application. Just make sure you're prepared for it. Maybe you'll luck out and they won't ask for it. Always better to be prepared though. I wasn't sure if they'd ask for Schedule 3 for us...but was ready for it. And it did come through. Keep us posted and best of luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Emily. Was wondering how you were going with it all. I've heard some people don't get it until much later into their application. Just make sure you're prepared for it. Maybe you'll luck out and they won't ask for it. Always better to be prepared though. I wasn't sure if they'd ask for Schedule 3 for us...but was ready for it. And it did come through. Keep us posted and best of luck!
Hi LadyRogue, many thanks, I think they will ask so hopefully they will accept our reasons. I will keep you posted :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.