Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

What it is the processing timeline for second stage partner in the processing centre of Camberra?

Cheers,
Renata

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
By second stage, do you mean going from TR to PR?

If so, from memory it's written up on most partner type visas that your application for TR is inclusive of PR for which a check will be made of compliance when two years of TR has been reached.

As to where the section of immi is that does it or how long, no idea but given that it would in most cases be a mere formality, perhaps a simple questionaire sent out to be answered, returned, checked and PR approved, I'd not think you would be looking at much past a month if not quicker.

You could always ring immi on 131881, press the right buttons and ask someone who is dealing with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your info. Yes, I mean going from TR to PR.

My TR has already reached two years and everything is going well.
I have already received the letter from immigration and my case has been assigned already to a case officer. I sent an e-mail and phoned the immigration to know my case status as I want to travel overseas and they informed that my case has been assigned to a case officer as noted above. I know I am authorized to travel overseas, but don't want to do it during the processing time as it may delay it in case they need more info from me while I am overseas. Since I have not got a straight answer from immigration, I decided to post the above question to see how long other people had to wait to get theirs. It would give me an idea...

Thanks again for your attention.
Cheers,
Renata

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a swedish friend on a partner visa who recently moved from TR to PR. I think it was more of an extensive process than they anticipated. She had to provide evidence (all over again) & proof of her and her partners relationship since she'd been living in australia (lease agreements, bank accounts etc). Once she'd gathered this however, it didn't take longer than a month or two to be approved. She may have also had an interview, I can't remember though!

My swedish partner has recently been given his TR on 209, and now after our friends experience, we are going to keep a folder for relevant documents that could be used as proof of our relationship for when the second stage of processing (TR to PR) comes around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.