Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Aussie guy here!

When my partner first moved to Australia, I ended up going on centerlink.

Then we filed for the de facto visa application, (The 2 stage one).

We got that visa, from memory I believe I was on centerlink the whole time that visa was processing.

After it was approved we were very happily and I got a full time job soon after. I spent the next year and a half working 40 hours a week, just living as normal.

My girl did not work or study during this time (She is looking at studying now, but really we want to wait till her 2nd stage visa is done before starting a long course).

Recently the 2 years was up and we filled out the 2nd stage visa information and sent it off, and they sent us the little card specifying that they received the package.

After that I have now decided that I need to go in another direction with my career as the job I was in was not a long term fit for me- so I have quit and signed up for centerlink while now getting ready to do a course or look for a new job.

Just wondering if this will affect the visa application at all?

I'm sure you guys relate to just thinking through all the details and hoping nothing infringes on your visa application. With centerlink I told them I was in a defacto relationship and everything.

Does anyone think that the sponsor (me) being on centerlink and the person moving to Australia not having a job could be reason enough to have your second stage visa denied?

Thanks for any input, super-appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.