Australia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking to return to Australia next year with the intention to work and travel. In 2019-20 I did this on a Working Holiday Visa 417. I worked for 6 months in an office in central Melbourne and returned to the UK before my Visa had expired.

I would now like to apply for a second stay (ideally the same situation: a 1 or 2 year visa in which I am able to work in an architectural office again for at least 6 months). However, from what I can see online, I need to have already(?) done 3 months regional/farm work to be eligible for a Second Working Holiday Visa.

I would really appreciate help with these questions:
1. Can I go back and work in Australia at all, and if so can I do so without doing farm work? Would this require me getting sponsorship from my old office?
2. Are there alternative Visas that enable me to do this?
3. I have dual citizenship. Last time I entered on a British passport. Would it be possible to apply for a fresh First Working Holiday Visa on my Irish passport? Is this legal?

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks a lot
H

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you haven’t done the ‘farm’ work, you cannot get a second WHV, however many passports you have. You may have other options, and I suggest you get some professional advice on what they could be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts