Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm currently on 457 VISA, brought my wife to Australia on tourist visa 600(no further stay condition is not mentioned in this VISA).After she came here, i got the invite for 189 PR application. I've lodged the PR application, and got bridging VISA A for both of us as we applied from onshore. As her tourist visa is active, bridging visa is in dormant state now. But as per her VISA condition, its a multiple entry visa and can't stay for more than 6 months in one entry, with total validity of 1 yr. Now that she is going to finish her 6 months stay, can we switch to bridging visa so that she can remain in Australia ? or should she still leave the country and come back ? In this case will she lose her bridging visa ?Please help..

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Her Bridging Visa grant letter should explain all this. Print it out and have a good read of it.

If she does not leave Australia once the tourist visa stay period is up, the tourist visa will cease and the the bridging visa will automatically come into effect. You can check on VEVO to make sure.

If she leaves within the stay period of her tourist visa and comes back on the tourist visa, another 6 month period will start.

Just a reminder : you cannot travel on a Bridging Visa A.

Reactions: ssatishkumar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her Bridging Visa grant letter should explain all this. Print it out and have a good read of it.

If she does not leave Australia once the tourist visa stay period is up, the tourist visa will cease and the the bridging visa will automatically come into effect. You can check on VEVO to make sure.

If she leaves within the stay period of her tourist visa and comes back on the tourist visa, another 6 month period will start.

Just a reminder : you cannot travel on a Bridging Visa A.
Thanks CCMS for quick response. I've checked the status in VEVO, and it says her VISA expires in Feb 2018 (due to end of 6 months stay), Her bridging VISA says "If your Visitor visa is cancelled, you should contact the Department immediately. Your bridging visa may not come into effect and will not allow you to remain lawfully in Australia." It didn't mention anything about VISA expiry except the line that "This bridging visa is not in effect because your Visitor visa is currently in effect.". I hope VISA cancellation is different from VISA expiry and bridging visa automatically comes into effect after the end of stay period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.