Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, I am new to this forum I appreciate your help. I want to share my timeline with you I applied for Protection visa in 2013 when I was a holder of a substantive visa I was issued BVA with work rights, I met with my partner in 2015 we started living together in Nov 2016. We got married in September 2017 and we lodged our Partner Visa (820/801) in October 2017 and I have a child as well. Almost a year gone I have not heard anything from the department. Is that usual right I have not done medical and police clearance when the department request I will do that. I provided a lot of evidence and still collecting when they request for more I will send it, I want to ask you guys if you could tell me what is very important during visa processing time.

When I lodged Partner Visa I have got by default Bridging Visa C BVC with no work rights because I am the holder of the BVA when it expires than BVC will come into effect my question is can I apply for BVC with work rights while still the holder of BVA. When will be the right time to apply for BVC with work rights for instance wait after BVA expires or I can still apply while the holder of BVA its a bit confusing but I hope here will be someone who experience this situation thank you guys once again.

·
Registered
774 Posts
This seems a bit complicated. However, from what I understand (and what I went through), the fact that you applied for the partner visa on a BVA means you will probably have to meet Schedule 3 criteria. As for work rights on a BVC, yes, you can apply for them. But you have to prove financial hardship.

If I were you, I'd get in contact with a RMA. There's a sticky with a list of them who frequent this forum. Having dealt with Schedule 3 myself, I wouldn't dream of doing it without the help/advice of a good RMA. I strongly advise you to get one. You're going to need it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This seems a bit complicated. However, from what I understand (and what I went through), the fact that you applied for the partner visa on a BVA means you will probably have to meet Schedule 3 criteria. As for work rights on a BVC, yes, you can apply for them. But you have to prove financial hardship.

If I were you, I'd get in contact with a RMA. There's a sticky with a list of them who frequent this forum. Having dealt with Schedule 3 myself, I wouldn't dream of doing it without the help/advice of a good RMA. I strongly advise you to get one. You're going to need it.
Thank you so much for your reply I will.
What is the most arguable for schedule 3.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Schedule 3 is very hard to address. You have to have substantial reasons for not applying offshore for the visa. My husband needed transplant surgery, along with several other factors that restricted us from leaving Australia and applying offshore.

Like I said, you need a RMA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schedule 3 is very hard to address. You have to have substantial reasons for not applying offshore for the visa. My husband needed transplant surgery, along with several other factors that restricted us from leaving Australia and applying offshore.

Like I said, you need a RMA.
Hi Dear just want to ask one question my agent applied for me for work rights almost 2 weeks gone I didn't hear anything from them as I am still the holder of BVA which is going to expire soon I submitted all evidence like Receipts, bills, joint bank account statement, our debits. How long will it take more to get it done. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I was applying for work rights I submitted all the evidence related to financial hardship and than a week after my agent submitted again for the current week still no answer from is it usual they take that long.

thank you so much

·
Registered
774 Posts
It took 2 weeks for my work rights to be approved. However, I was already on my BVC. You're still on your BVA, so that may be why you haven't heard back yet.

So very glad you got a RMA. Hopefully they will be able to help you meet Schedule 3 requirements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It took 2 weeks for my work rights to be approved. However, I was already on my BVC. You're still on your BVA, so that may be why you haven't heard back yet.

So very glad you got a RMA. Hopefully they will be able to help you meet Schedule 3 requirements.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It could be because my BVA I keep updating the department about my weekly groceries and debits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thank you so much for your advice I got my work rights in two weeks now waiting for the medical and police clearance.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thank you so much for your advice I got my work rights in two weeks now waiting for the medical and police clearance.
You're very welcome. I'm happy to hear that you received your work rights. Now, with a RMA preparing for the Schedule 3 criteria request, I hope you get a favorable outcome. Please keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're very welcome. I'm happy to hear that you received your work rights. Now, with a RMA preparing for the Schedule 3 criteria request, I hope you get a favorable outcome. Please keep us posted!
Sure I will

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.