Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hopefully an easy question for someone to answer!

It's my understanding that an 189 EOI is automatically withdrawn if it doesn't receive an invitation to apply after 2 years.

Presumably, after that 2 year period, if you then submit a new EOI, you join the back of the queue with regard to submission date.

Given that you're allowed to lodge as many EOIs as you like, would it not be possible to lodge a new EOI every so often (with exactly the same details/points), so that you would always have a 'fresh' EOI and avoid joining the back of the queue in the even that you don't receive an invitation to your initial EOI after 2 years?

I've recently submitted my EOI, but the pessimist/opportunist inside of me is trying to think of ways of maximising my chances of receiving an invitation!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hi all,

Hopefully an easy question for someone to answer!

It's my understanding that an 189 EOI is automatically withdrawn if it doesn't receive an invitation to apply after 2 years.

Presumably, after that 2 year period, if you then submit a new EOI, you join the back of the queue with regard to submission date.

Given that you're allowed to lodge as many EOIs as you like, would it not be possible to lodge a new EOI every so often (with exactly the same details/points), so that you would always have a 'fresh' EOI and avoid joining the back of the queue in the even that you don't receive an invitation to your initial EOI after 2 years?

I've recently submitted my EOI, but the pessimist/opportunist inside of me is trying to think of ways of maximising my chances of receiving an invitation!
Wouldn't it be a better option to try to better your score as invitations aren't processed according to submission date but rather on points scored?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't it be a better option to try to better your score as invitations aren't processed according to submission date but rather on points scored?
Ideally, yes; however, I've unfortunately maxed out on the number of points I'm able to get.

From what I gather, invitations are based on points and then submission date, so if it drops to 65 points then all of the 65 point submissions before mine will be invited first.

Furthermore, my occupation is pro rata, so it looks likely that this year's occupation limit will be reached before I receive an invitation. That would put my EOI to around 9 or 10 months before realistically being likely to receive an invitation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I'm planning to submit that tomorrow :)

Just looking at ways to mitigate against the worst case scenario that I don't get an invitation within 2 years!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I believe with a State nomination visa (190), you can submit an EOI to each potential state where you're eligible for sponsorship.

Hopefully the next dilemma for you will be which invitation to accept :)

Best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.