Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We applied for 820/801 visa in June 2017, while we were onshore in Perth. Our circumstances only allowed us to submit paper application via post. At the moment we are overseas and plan to come back closer to when the department will be ready to make a decision on the application.
Last week we received a request from the Immigration for additional documents.

The instructions in the letter were as below:

You can attach requested document(s) to your application through ImmiAccount. You will also be able to confirm our receipt of the attachments through ImmiAccount.
Do not email attachments as this will cause delays in the processing of your application. We do not send acknowledgement advices for the receipt of attachments.

We did not apply through immi account and there were no other options listed in the request. We asked for a clarification for our case, but haven't received the answer for a week now.

When I (sponsor) was asked for the police clearance earlier in may, there was a notice that I could send it via email, what I did in the end.

I know that normally, when you apply by post in paper, you submit all the other supporting documents by post also. Maybe anyone was in similar situation like us? Would department allow to send scanned documents sometimes?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I would use a courier service and send the documents directly to the street address of the relevant processing centre.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would use a courier service and send the documents directly to the street address of the relevant processing centre.
CCMS (or any other seasoned poster) - can't they create an immi acct now and pull through their application and then use all the bells and whistles the website offers?
Did that with citizenship by descent - applied with paper application then pulled it through our immi acct.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
CCMS (or any other seasoned poster) - can't they create an immi acct now and pull through their application and then use all the bells and whistles the website offers?
Did that with citizenship by descent - applied with paper application then pulled it through our immi acct.
I'm not sure if you can. In the past , when I had to link a paper application to my ImmiAccount, I needed the help of E-Services. It could be an issue if the paper application was lodged offshore, but I have no idea what it is like at the moment.I don't do paper applications unless there is no alternative. I suppose it would be simple enough to set up an ImmiAccount and try and import the application, using the application ID.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if you can. In the past , when I had to link a paper application to my ImmiAccount, I needed the help of E-Services. It could be an issue if the paper application was lodged offshore, but I have no idea what it is like at the moment.I don't do paper applications unless there is no alternative. I suppose it would be simple enough to set up an ImmiAccount and try and import the application, using the application ID.
Thanks for responses, everyone. We applied by paper because system wouldn't let us do it other way, we were onshore and requested waiver for tourist visa

So did anyone have an experince of connecting paper application to immi account? how did it work and who you need to contact?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.