Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a question about the sponsorship limitations. I am an Australian citizen born and bred.

In 1996 I got married in the Philippines and sponsored my husband. He came here but we ended up getting divorced due to domestic violence. Back then he was automatically approved as a permanent resident when his Visa was approved. We ended up divorcing. No children born

In 2002 I then met and married my Indian second husband in Australia and I became his sponsor. that was approved but we separated in 2005 and ultimately in 2010 we divorced. No children born.

Then in 2010 (that is why I need to get divorced to my 2nd husband) I applied for a Fiance Visa for my partner that I met in Vietnam. Unfortunately, our visa was rejected because we didn't submit enough proof of a relationship despite being in one for 3 years in Vietnam. I appealed on his behalf but during the 3 years we had to wait for the final approval he gave up and married someone else. I then requested that the appeal be withdrawn and hence it was cancelled. No children

Now not giving up on my bad luck and as I adore Vietnam and lived there during the years (but now I want to stay in Australia due to health reasons) I have met a wonderful Vietnamese man and we are due to get married in September 2018.

Question is, if there is a 2 lifetime limit on sponsorship then why was my 3rd application accepted and was not rejected based on this. Nor was dv mentioned in my previous application regarding my 1st marriage.

And most importantly, would my soon to be husband been able to apply to come to Australia and I be his sponsor. I am so confused. and so anxious about this. I don't have children (I never could) , he doesn't either. I work fulltime and have my own home and he supports himself in Vietnam as he is self employed.

So confused

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.