Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

How is everyone going?

Just a brief background of my situation, I’m currently on a bridging visa (dependency visa to my Filipino mother’s partner visa) here in Australia since September 2017 however since i’m 25 years old when i applied, I was advised by immigration to withdraw my application last December 2017.

Moving forward, i'd like to gain residency here in Australia so i'm looking into getting a student visa so that I can study and get residency eventually. I've spoken to multiple agents and have been given contradicting answers and so goes my post here.

Hoping to get some clarity on a couple of questions regarding this pathway:

-Am i able to transfer from Student visa from my current bridging visa? Is this possible?
-Should i apply for my student visa onshore or offshore (Philippines) - Wondering what has the better acceptance rate
-Do i have other options other than skilled migration?

Please let me know your experiences and advice and hope to hear from you guys soon

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Can you confirm that you are still on a bridging visa, or have you withdrawn your application as advised?
I would suggest you have an initial consultation with a Registered Migration Agent as it is not quite so simple as studying in Australia and gaining permanent residency, and as the rules change continuously you need expert advice.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I've spoken to multiple agents and have been given contradicting answers and so goes my post here.

That does not mean they are a RMA, could be a "education agent"

* To get a Student Visa as a path to gain Permanent Residence and not for study - often leads to big problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.