Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My wife and I, and our three young kids, are moving from Sydney to Los Angeles in July.

We aren't planning to move any furniture, so we are only shipping boxes.

I was hoping to get some recommendations regarding good shipping companies at reasonable prices.

Perhaps it is worth considering sharing a container with someone else to reduce costs?

Thanks!
Oren

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
hello Oren
I can only speak through my own experiences, i used Allied Pickford's for shipping a 20ft container, and to be honest they were no more expensive than any other company, one thing i was amazed about was the care and attention they made to detail in wrapping and packing my precious items. I never had a problem with them at all, and they do container share as well as a pallet so it may be worth contacting them. With me they came to the house and gave me a quote the next day. There a world wide company and you may find that they will be the company receiving at the other end which does cut cost.

Good luck
Louise

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your reply Louise!

I will look into this company further. The only problem is that we are OCD when it comes to packing, so we typically pack ourselves, but hopefully they have a good price if we only need them to ship.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Thanks very much for your reply Louise!

I will look into this company further. The only problem is that we are OCD when it comes to packing, so we typically pack ourselves, but hopefully they have a good price if we only need them to ship.
They will do a very good price for you on shipping only, i chose them to pack as we had 16 rooms full of things lol, i couldnt be bothered with the hassle of packing, i had too much going on at the time.
There is nothing wrong in getting a quote from them or any other company.

Louiseb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
16 rooms!!! Were you living in a castle? :>) Why would you leave a castle?

I agree, with that many rooms it would be too much of an effort to pack yourself.

I will try getting a quote for just shipping, we'll see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.