Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my fiancé and I are in the final stages of waiting for our PMV. What is the best way to get his belongings to aus? Airlines only offer about 30kgs, that's not enough for moving though. Has anyone had any experience in this matter? He's in Manila I'm
In Melbourne. It's all just clothes and things no furniture or anything big. Looked up fed ex but for 20kg they quoted me over $300! HELPPPPP!!

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
Hey guys, my fiancé and I are in the final stages of waiting for our PMV. What is the best way to get his belongings to aus? Airlines only offer about 30kgs, that's not enough for moving though. Has anyone had any experience in this matter? He's in Manila I'm
In Melbourne. It's all just clothes and things no furniture or anything big. Looked up fed ex but for 20kg they quoted me over $300! HELPPPPP!!
Hi danielle_ramon, you may try DHL, it was the least expensive option we've found. If I'm not mistaken, their Jumbo box (25 kg) cost around Php 6,000.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi danielle_ramon, you may try DHL, it was the least expensive option we've found. If I'm not mistaken, their Jumbo box (25 kg) cost around Php 6,000.
yes you're correct. i just asked them earlier, their 25kgs box cost less than 7,000pesos...

may i just ask, is it really okay with DHL, shipping my old clothes, shoes and bags? no hassle from the customs?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hi Danielle
In the Philippine fiancée visa thread a few months ago someone gave the name of a company (maybe gov't run) to book airline tickets through which allowed a massive free baggage allowance for first time immigrants. Maybe ABC can remember this

·
Registered
962 Posts
Try LBC Hari Lang padala my wife use that company and its cheap around 80 dollars a box unlimited weight that can fit in it easily
Is this place in Davao as well, as it might work out cheaper sending baggage via this company and then travelling on air asia (low cost carrier)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Originally Posted by wishful View Post
Congrats tangerine! have you booked your flight already? I've learned from the CFO seminar of IOM (Concession Fares - International Organization for Migration) which provides travel assistance to immigrants. One attendee shared that he was able to get additional baggage allowance (from 23 kg to 46 kg) for free

·
Registered
277 Posts
Couple of alternatives Danielle,
1/
Reduce the baggage....
Does he really need to take so much from home...he can buy in Australia if needed.
Probably need some warmer clothes anyway....?
2/
Look for an airline that offers pre-purchased "additional baggage allowance".
Quite cheap and the bags travel on the same flight.
Our family uses Air Asia with more than 100kg additional allowance....less than $1 per kg overall.
3/
Think about an upgrade to business class - better luggage allowance and options....often for only a few dollars more on discount fares.

Hope this helps....:)

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.