Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and myself are on a 820 visa and we want to travel end of Nov for 2 months. We should really buy flights now as they are rising in price daily but not sure if we should wait for the visa to be granted! Should we risk it an buy the tickets??? It鈥檚 a LOT of money 馃槵馃槵

Premium Member
If you are already on a sc. 820 visa, you don鈥檛 need a BVB. If you are on a BVA, you should not leave Australia without having a BVB in place.

As for the tickets, it鈥檚 always a bit of a gamble. Maybe try and get tickets, which can be modified, if required. No one can tell you what to do in that respect , unless they are certified crystal ball readers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are already on a sc. 820 visa, you don't need a BVB. If you are on a BVA, you should not leave Australia without having a BVB in place.

As for the tickets, it's always a bit of a gamble. Maybe try and get tickets, which can be modified, if required. No one can tell you what to do in that respect , unless they are certified crystal ball readers.
Yes on a BVA and need the BVB. I've already looked into flight tickets and don't think there's anything flexible like that especially around Christmas time. Guess I'm gonna have to risk the thousands of dollars 😰 it's a stupid system really.

Premium Member
Yes on a BVA and need the BVB. I've already looked into flight tickets and don't think there's anything flexible like that especially around Christmas time. Guess I'm gonna have to risk the thousands of dollars 😰 it's a stupid system really.
There really is no reason why you wouldn't be granted a BVB.

Registered
Flex tickets are usually there, just expect to lay an extra grand or so for them. Usually the "non discount" fares are more flexible in their terms as standard, even if it's not marketed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flex tickets are usually there, just expect to lay an extra grand or so for them. Usually the "non discount" fares are more flexible in their terms as standard, even if it's not marketed.
Do you think this is a necessity? Not sure if you've had experience with the BVB but what do you think my chances will be?
Thanks

Registered
Considering Nick's comment that there's no reason you wouldn't be granted it and the fact you don't often see people here complaining of not having gotten one, id suggest high.

It's always worthwhile checking what conditions are on offer with a ticket.

Sometimes it's only $100 difference to get a ticket that can be changed at a small fee compared to can't be changed or an huge fee.

I like having the flexibility to change my plans, add stop overs or stay for longer if I need to.

Premium Member
Do you think this is a necessity? Not sure if you've had experience with the BVB but what do you think my chances will be?
Thanks
There is a process. It is not a lottery.

• You can apply for a BVB if you meet all of the following:
  • you are in Australia
  • you already hold a Bridging visa A (BVA) or a BVB
  • you have applied in Australia for a substantive visa that can be granted to you while you are in Australia
  • you have substantial reasons for wanting to leave and return to Australia while your substantive visa application is being processed.
The immigration process is full of uncertainties that you can't control. But there are some things you can control.So, in situations like this, I think it makes sense to pay a bit extra and have a ticket that can be modified or cancelled and refunded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.