Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and myself are on a 820 visa and we want to travel end of Nov for 2 months. We should really buy flights now as they are rising in price daily but not sure if we should wait for the visa to be granted! Should we risk it an buy the tickets??? It鈥檚 a LOT of money 馃槵馃槵

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you (or your partner, can't be both of you) hold an 820 visa then you can travel freely.
What is the risk factor? But flights are so goddamn expensive and we want two months on very specific dates if it's a day earlier we have to return we will be ruined! What do you think?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are already on a sc. 820 visa, you don't need a BVB. If you are on a BVA, you should not leave Australia without having a BVB in place.

As for the tickets, it's always a bit of a gamble. Maybe try and get tickets, which can be modified, if required. No one can tell you what to do in that respect , unless they are certified crystal ball readers.
Yes on a BVA and need the BVB. I've already looked into flight tickets and don't think there's anything flexible like that especially around Christmas time. Guess I'm gonna have to risk the thousands of dollars 😰 it's a stupid system really.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes on a BVA and need the BVB. I've already looked into flight tickets and don't think there's anything flexible like that especially around Christmas time. Guess I'm gonna have to risk the thousands of dollars 😰 it's a stupid system really.
Flex tickets are usually there, just expect to lay an extra grand or so for them. Usually the "non discount" fares are more flexible in their terms as standard, even if it's not marketed.
Do you think this is a necessity? Not sure if you've had experience with the BVB but what do you think my chances will be?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.