Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
If you are already on a sc. 820 visa, you don’t need a BVB. If you are on a BVA, you should not leave Australia without having a BVB in place.

As for the tickets, it’s always a bit of a gamble. Maybe try and get tickets, which can be modified, if required. No one can tell you what to do in that respect , unless they are certified crystal ball readers.

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
Yes on a BVA and need the BVB. I've already looked into flight tickets and don't think there's anything flexible like that especially around Christmas time. Guess I'm gonna have to risk the thousands of dollars 😰 it's a stupid system really.
There really is no reason why you wouldn't be granted a BVB.

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
Do you think this is a necessity? Not sure if you've had experience with the BVB but what do you think my chances will be?
Thanks
There is a process. It is not a lottery.

• You can apply for a BVB if you meet all of the following:
  • you are in Australia
  • you already hold a Bridging visa A (BVA) or a BVB
  • you have applied in Australia for a substantive visa that can be granted to you while you are in Australia
  • you have substantial reasons for wanting to leave and return to Australia while your substantive visa application is being processed.
The immigration process is full of uncertainties that you can't control. But there are some things you can control.So, in situations like this, I think it makes sense to pay a bit extra and have a ticket that can be modified or cancelled and refunded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.