Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Me and my family have been granted a permanent visa (subclass 190). We are still living in Finland and moving to Australia in June. Our address here in Finland has changed after the visa grant so do I need to inform DIAC about out new address? In the grant letter it says only about changes in passport should be informed but nothing else.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
No. Once you've got your permanent residency DIAC no longer cares where you live, just if you're in or out of Australia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Once you've got your permanent residency DIAC no longer cares where you live, just if you're in or out of Australia.
Thank you for the reply. Thats what i thought but wasn't sure. Really appreciate your help. We still need to send the form 929 as my wife and my daughter got new passports so when we send the form we can also update our contact details with the same form?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with that form to know off the top of my head, but obviously if it asks for your address there you can update it then.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Thats what i thought but wasn't sure. Really appreciate your help. We still need to send the form 929 as my wife and my daughter got new passports so when we send the form we can also update our contact details with the same form?
Yes, form 929 is both for change of passport and address.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you.
Yes. It may be helpful to inform them about your change in address. Perhaps doesn't affect your visa, but just helpful. The embassy had returned my police report (I think) to my previous apartment at which time I had moved but hadn't informed them. Unfortunately, it was undeliverable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.