Australia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I'm applying for the Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) online. in the {Applicant's Immediate Family Members} page, do I HAVE TO put my father's name and information since my parents divorced several years ago and we did not contact him since? There's no contact whatsoever between us.:confused:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
hello,
I'm applying for the Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) online. in the {Applicant's Immediate Family Members} page, do I HAVE TO put my father's name and information since my parents divorced several years ago and we did not contact him since? There's no contact whatsoever between us.:confused:
I would put it in, and give a full explanation.

If you don't, they will probably eventually contact you and ask why.

Reactions: Sandysam

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
hello,
Yes............

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tell them exactly what you tell us.
If you hide it, you look suspicious.
once again, don't tell us your story, tell it to the department of immigration! Funny how people would come here to tell their circumstances but would not tell them to the department. And then they wonder why their visa is refused.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell them exactly what you tell us.
If you hide it, you look suspicious.
once again, don't tell us your story, tell it to the department of immigration! Funny how people would come here to tell their circumstances but would not tell them to the department. And then they wonder why their visa is refused.
I wasn't telling you my story, I was simply asking about a situation. They will definitely know my full story I wasn't intending of hiding it at all, it's just in several pages of the application they're asking info of immediate family members which I do not have of my father. I didn't know what to do, thanks for nothing though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You probably has to fill the character form, in which case you can explain this situation at the end on the last page. If there is an info you cannot fill in the form you can explain the reason why on the last page.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It is not easy to satisfy immigration that you did not have a parent who is alive, or deceased. All questions must be answered and answered correctly, notwithstanding that given the sequencing of some online application questions, this is not possible.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As everyone else has stated you must tell them what you know.

You know your father's name and date of birth I am sure

If you don't know his address just put unknown.

But if you discover this later - surely not impossible - just put a correction to answers. Hiding family members will guarantee delays

·
Registered
117 Posts
At worst, write a letter on a word document explaining this, and attach it as a doc to your application. They do read everything you send. Or even a form to correct a mistake. Whatever, just make sure it is written somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.