Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My partner completed a portion of his 88-day regional work for the renewal of the Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) at a farm that he has since left.

We are now completing the Employment Verification Form (1263) to support his application but are missing some details of the farm he worked at. When we emailed the farm requesting this information (i.e. name and phone number of a contact to verify the work, full name of employer etc.) they told us that he would need to come back to the farm to receive a signed form from them, otherwise the verification form would not be valid.

Does the Employment Verification Form have to be signed by the employer? There appears to be no designated space on the form for a signature, instead it is just filling in details about the work and business.

Does anyone have experience with this, or know what the farm is referring to? Is it sufficient to fill out the verification form without an additional signed document from the employer?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does he not have the employers info on his payslips?

I know I didn't have to provide the signed form (although I did have it), but I did need to provide dates of employment, employer contact details, and the company ABN when I applied online. All of which I had from my payslips.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know that things have changed a little bit in terms of employment since I did my WHV but I believe it's the same Form 1263 that's being used currently.

On that form, you don't need the employers signature, just details like address, abn (most of which you can get online depending on what state they're registered in, if you're missing some information).

They asked for more info from me and I supplied what they needed (bank statements showing wages, etc but I don't believe anywhere had the employers signature (I worked for AGL so wage slips etc had all their details on it).

As Mania said, if you do need the signature then surly they can email it to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies!

Information such as the employer's ABN and the business name were on the payslips, just not more specific details such as employer's full name (he never met the owner of the farm as he worked only under a supervisor), contact person's details (we could only put down someone working in HR who does not know my partner personally) etc.

They seem very reluctant to provide us with the information we need. Asking them to email a signed copy of whatever document they're referring to is a good idea. Hopefully we can get that, however looks like we can just fill it in with as much information as we can collect from the payslips and online.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.