Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my girlfriend had an extension to her tourist visa rejected - it had been extended previously - I understand the reasons.
We are planning a marriage visa in the future - if she exits the country for a short period - would she be granted another short stay tourist visa ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Recently, my girlfriend had an extension to her tourist visa rejected - it had been extended previously - I understand the reasons.
We are planning a marriage visa in the future - if she exits the country for a short period - would she be granted another short stay tourist visa ?
How could anyone possibly know ?

I'd say the chances will be slim after the previous refusal, unless she can convincingly address the "genuine visitor" requirements. You may have to prepare yourself for an offshore partner visa instead.

Why was the tourist visa refused?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How could anyone possibly know ?

I'd say the chances will be slim after the previous refusal, unless she can convincingly address the "genuine visitor" requirements. You may have to prepare yourself for an offshore partner visa instead.

Why was the tourist visa refused?
Had already been previously extended....

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Had already been previously extended....
That in itself is no reason for refusal. Had she already spent 12 months in Australia on tourist visas? In that case she should wait at least 3 to 6 months before applying again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.