Australia Forum banner

Is it easier to immigrate in Australia as single or married?

• single

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • married

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • civil status doesn't make any difference

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
rona said:
I'm looking to immigrate in Australia. At the moment, I am single, but my boyfriend is already asking for mhi y hand in marriage. I am wondering if it is easier for me to apply for migration in Australia as single or married?
Hi Rona,
Where are you from? Whether your single or not it doesn't matter. What matter most is to prove that your relationship with your partner is genuine. You can apply a Prospective marriage visa or Spouse visa. Almost the same evidence requirement but in spouse visa you have to get married first, while in PMV they're going to give you 9 months to get married. If you and fiance lived together for continuous 12 months, then u can apply a defacto visa. To know more about this visa visit Australian embassy website.

I also applied PMV last July 7, 2012, it was granted on Dec. 8, 2011.
God bless..

Cheers

·
Registered
382 Posts
rona said:
thank you for the replies. i am now 27, and so is my boyfriend. we both want to live in Australia and raise our family there. like i have previously mentioned, my boyfriend has already proposed marriage. but i'm thinking, is it better for us to apply for immigration in Australia as a married couple, or to apply individually as singles? should we postpone getting wed and wait until at least one of us has been granted a visa?
Applying a visa individually means that you should apply a Skilled migration visa. If your fiance is not a permanent resident of OZ you're not eligible to prospective marriage visa or spouse visa.
I think Skilled migration visa is something that u should apply for. Your occupation/skills should be on SOL (SKILLED OCCUPATION LIST)
To learn more of this, visit
www.immi.gov.au
or this site,
http://www.workpermit.com/australia/general-skilled-migration.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.