Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
I was wondering what is the best way to bring my 56 years old widowed mother who is fully financially dependent on me.

I am in the process of uploading my documents to immiaccount for visa subclass 189 but I have stopped for 2 main reasons!
1. I was told that i can not include my mother in the same application anymore.
2. She can not be granted a short stay 3 months visa by subclass 600 if I lodged my visa prior to hers as they will assume that she is going there to stay with me if the two applications were submitted at the same time.

Could you please help!

I do not want to wait for my PR and go to Australia and apply for a parent visa and wait while she is staying alone in my current country.

What is the best way to solve this situation. Please advise...

#3 ·
Agents in my country have no experience in this matter that's why I am trying to contact people who might have encountered the same situation.

I have been told if I apply for the PR visa for myself and a tourist visa for my mother simultaneously her tourist visa may be rejected. Is that true?

#5 ·
I do not want to wait for my PR and go to Australia and apply for a parent visa and wait while she is staying alone in my current country.

What is the best way to solve this situation. Please advise...
What you want and what is achievable are 2 different things. The chances of your mother getting a tourist visa before you are granted PR are very slim, so you may have to take a long term view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.