Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

i have another question on RPL, please see if you can help.

i'm a mechanical engineer working in Business applications software consulting.
Going for ICT Business Analyst 261111
Got my skills assessed from ACS , they asked for RPL report which i sent them and recently got a positive response that from march 2007 , my skills are assessed as ICT Busines analyst. however that report doesn't say anything about my Education qualification .
i assume that is because B E Mech is a non ICT qualification.
Question is - How do i claim the 10 points for education ?
do i have to go for another educational evaluation ? i heard with vetasses its another $900..

thanks for taking out time to respond.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The 15 points for a University Degree has nothing to do with whether your degree is closely related to your nominated occupation. As long as your qualification I recognised as a Bachelor Degree in Australia then you will receive 15 points for it. You can find out whether your degree is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor Degree in the Australian Country Education Profiles. Most Indian degrees are equivalent except for those from Tier 2 or Tier 3 universities where candidates have a 3rd division or Pass division pass mark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeremy,
thank you for the advise.
I checked the Australian CEP accessed at internationaleducation dot gov dot au
but that has all Ozzy unis listed at
so isn't it that India CEP needs to be referred?

If you still think thats the case, could you please share the link to Aus CEP?

The 15 points for a University Degree has nothing to do with whether your degree is closely related to your nominated occupation. As long as your qualification I recognised as a Bachelor Degree in Australia then you will receive 15 points for it. You can find out whether your degree is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor Degree in the Australian Country Education Profiles. Most Indian degrees are equivalent except for those from Tier 2 or Tier 3 universities where candidates have a 3rd division or Pass division pass mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.