Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have posted this on Mark's sticky thread - but would welcome any advice.

I am a secondary school teacher in the UK, just finishing my NQT year as part of the Teach First leadership development programme whilst my fiance is a cancer research scientist who is just finishing her thesis of her PhD before starting a short term post doc position.

I have a PGCE from university from my teaching qualification as well as an undergraduate degree. My fiance has an undergraduate, masters as well as the soon to be awarded PhD.

We are hopeful of relocating to Australia after numerous holidays and experience of the country.

I have used the working holiday visa having lived in Australia for the year in my early 20's - my fiance has not. My brother is currently living in Sydney with his wife having moved there on a working holiday visa and quickly being sponsored by their employers.

I would like advice on whether my fiance and I would pass the points skills required and whether it is just my own employment which would count here or both of ours and any experience you would have on any different visa routes based on our situations.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
A fiancée does not qualify to be included on a skilled visa application. Points can be awared for a de jure or de facto partner who is under 50 yesrs of age, has a positive skills assessment in an occupation on the same list as the primary visa applicant and a qualifying level of English and makes a combined applicatioon with the primary visa applicant.

The presence of your relative in Sydney is irrelevant, except that it might inhibit nominators elswhere from making an offer.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent for an assessment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All,

I have posted this on Mark's sticky thread - but would welcome any advice.

I am a secondary school teacher in the UK, just finishing my NQT year as part of the Teach First leadership development programme whilst my fiance is a cancer research scientist who is just finishing her thesis of her PhD before starting a short term post doc position.

I have a PGCE from university from my teaching qualification as well as an undergraduate degree. My fiance has an undergraduate, masters as well as the soon to be awarded PhD.

We are hopeful of relocating to Australia after numerous holidays and experience of the country.

I have used the working holiday visa having lived in Australia for the year in my early 20's - my fiance has not. My brother is currently living in Sydney with his wife having moved there on a working holiday visa and quickly being sponsored by their employers.

I would like advice on whether my fiance and I would pass the points skills required and whether it is just my own employment which would count here or both of ours and any experience you would have on any different visa routes based on our situations.

Thank you in advance,

Alex
You will need to look up the AITSL for yourself specifically as your occupation is on the MLTSSL which gives you more visa options.

Things to note are that this occupation requires 1) an Initial Teacher Training component and 2) specific English language requirements.

As for the the points after that, you'll have to do a calculation based on your age etc. If you've been working for at least 5 years and are in your early/ mid 30s with a degree you should be fine to hit the 65 points threshold.

You will have to prove you are in a defacto relationship when you apply as you are not married yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.