Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

First off, thank you for this great forum. I spent most of this week reading other peoples threads and learning about their experiences.

My situation is:
I'm in the process of applying for a skilled migration visa 189. I did the IELTS last saturday and right now I started with my skilled assessment. I'm considering to apply as a construction project manager but I'm still unsure. I don't want to get a negative response from Vetassess.

My background is:
Male - 32 years, Swedish citizen

Education - Bachelor of Science with a major in Construction Engineering

Work experience -
4,5 years - Construction Engineer, Company A
9 months - Construction Surveyor, Company B
6 months - Construction Surveyor, internship, Company C

I'm not sure if my work experience is enough to be granted 10 points for five years of oversee employment.

I have considered to apply for other occupations such as Engineering manager, Quantity Surveyor, Civil engineer draftsperson or Civil engineer technician but I'm not sure if I qualify for them either.

I appreciate all the feedback I can receive!

Best regards
Megamuffin85

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Probably your best options are to either arrange a consultation with a migration agent so they can review your documents and give you some guidance, or take a chance on the Vetassess assessment to see what outcome they give. I haven't seen many posts on these types of occupations to know what information or experience posters may be able to share.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts

From the skills assessing authority:

Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)
This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.
A highly relevant field of study is Construction Project Management, which is the study of planning and controlling building projects (ASCED). General management degrees without underpinning or related studies in construction/civil engineering or building would not usually be positively assessed for this occupation. Qualifications in Architectural Studies with supporting highly relevant employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a detailed assessment of your case?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Change of Occupation - Vetassess

Hi ,

I got Negative outcome from Vetassess in 149212 ( customer Service Manager ) now i am going to file for change of occupation from 149212 to 222211 ( Financial market dealer ) , as i am having 10+ years of exp. in Foreign Exchange house ( Thomas Cook ) . My real sister got PR in Aus ( adelaide ) on Feb 2018 . I want to apply under chain migration for 222211 as High Point is not available for this occupation .

Q - Please advise if am on the right path? Quota of Chain migration ?

Seeking your valuable inputs on this . Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Easily done!

Go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form.
I shall then send you my assessment forms to undertake a preliminary assessment of your case.
Hi Wrusell , Plz help me on this -

I got Negative outcome from Vetassess in 149212 ( customer Service Manager ) now i am going to file for change of occupation from 149212 to 222211 ( Financial market dealer ) , as i am having 10+ years of exp. in Foreign Exchange house ( Thomas Cook ) . My real sister got PR in Aus ( adelaide ) on Feb 2018 . I want to apply under chain migration for 222211 as High Point is not available for this occupation .

Q - Please advise if am on the right path? Quota of Chain migration ?

Seeking your valuable inputs on this . Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Megamuffin85

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you:
Education - Bachelor of Science with a major in Construction Engineering
bachelor in management
Work experience - 4,5 years - Construction Engineer, Company A

I am interested to know what your migration agent had adviced you.

Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.