Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) do they require the actual degree certificate or a 'letter of completion' along with official transcripts would be sufficient? (I studied in an Australian university and will not receive my actual degree certificate until my graduation ceremony which is next April, however I want to apply now.)

Since they require your course transcripts, does that mean your grades matter in the outcome of your visa decision?

All these documents need to photocopied, certified by an authority then scanned and uploaded to the site. Am I right?

I was born in July 1990, If I apply in January 2015, do they consider me as 24 or 25 years old? (It makes 5 points difference)

And how long is the maximum processing time for subclass 189 visa for someone with 60 points.

Thank you,

Mohsen

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I don't know all the answers, but will provide what I can:

- I believe they need a copy of the actual degree certificate, but you can check this with the skills assessor.
- Your grades don't matter, and I've not heard they need course transcripts
- If you upload colour copies, they don't need to be certified
- In January you won't have turned 25 yet, so you're 24
- There is no maximum processing time for any visa.

I haven't applied for a 189 visa so the answers to the document degree certificate/transcripts is based on what I've read on the forums. Perhaps someone with more experience can confirm or correct this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.