Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I would like to apply for the skilled independent visa 189.
I know that I have to get at least 60 points to be able to apply for it but I'm not sure if I have met this requirement.

And before I pay $750,00 for the assessment at SSSI, I would like to know how many points I would roughly get for the following information:

1) I'm a surveying technician by trade (3 years apprenticeship/Germany)

2) Including this 3 years I have a total experience of just over 5 years and about 3 months of it I have been working in Australia as a surveyor

-3) Age: between 25-32

4) Additional education in Australia: PADI Divemaster, PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and Emergency First Response Instructor qualifications

5) IELTS - competent English level- Speaking: 8, Listing: 8, Reading: 7, Writing 6, Overall: 7,5

Does anyone know if I would have a good chance??? I'm happy for any information, advice and help.

Thanks
AKM

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
From the information you have provided I am unable to calculate your points. It is more likely that you fit into an occupation of Surveying Technician and not Surveyor. This would mean that you would be assessed by Vetassess and not SSSI. Your additional Australian education in Diving would not be assessable for points.

I suggest that you provide evidence of all of your qualifications and work experience to an experienced migration agent who can review all of your qualifications and work experience and see whether you have enough points to apply for a 189.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.