Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm an Spanish guy that is living in Shanghai with my wife. I'm a Telecommunications Engineer and soon I will apply for skilled independent visa, but I'm really worried about it.
I'm thinking to apply this visa through an specialized company as migration experts. Do you think that they can help me to do this process easier?

About my english skills, I have to present a certification from IELTS, doesn't exist other way? Is a mut to do this exam becase I'm not from an english speeking country?

I have more than 8 years working experience as an Engineer, how they evaluate that?

Thanks for your help!!
Jonatan

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi all.

I'm an Spanish guy that is living in Shanghai with my wife. I'm a Telecommunications Engineer and soon I will apply for skilled independent visa, but I'm really worried about it.
I'm thinking to apply this visa through an specialized company as migration experts. Do you think that they can help me to do this process easier?

About my english skills, I have to present a certification from IELTS, doesn't exist other way? Is a mut to do this exam becase I'm not from an english speeking country?

I have more than 8 years working experience as an Engineer, how they evaluate that?

Thanks for your help!!
Jonatan
In addition to the IELTS Jonatan, first step with any skilled independent visa is to have qualifications assessed and a look at A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information may assist in determining the path for that.
Immigration regulations changes are being introduced right now and have a read of the link in sticky thread at top of the section.

Essentially, even with changes you'll need to get sufficient points for a successful assessment and the different sections on visas have DIY information that can easily guide you on that.
Start @ Workers - Visas & Immigration and select visa options under the relevant heading.

Having a good understanding of the process will then enable you to decide whether you want to DIY or use an agent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visa

Thanks for your explanation.

I checked this Occupation List previously and I did some simulations to see my score. I'm around 100 to 120, However, I would like to know which kind of working visas can be better for me profile.

I'm telecommunications enginner with more than 8 years experience, the 3 last years working in shanghai as project manager for automotive market.

Thanks for your support!
Jonatan

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks for your explanation.

I checked this Occupation List previously and I did some simulations to see my score. I'm around 100 to 120, However, I would like to know which kind of working visas can be better for me profile.

I'm telecommunications enginner with more than 8 years experience, the 3 last years working in shanghai as project manager for automotive market.

Thanks for your support!
Jonatan
For skilled immigration you'll have the option of seeking an employer eligible for and prepared to do a sponsorship, that meaning you'll have to do some job hunting as you would in any situation or you go through the steps for an independent visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jponcen

I'm at the same stage as you were in last April

I want to know which path you chose and what experience you had.

This will help me as I need to decided between job-hunting or independent filing.

Thanks,
Anup

For skilled immigration you'll have the option of seeking an employer eligible for and prepared to do a sponsorship, that meaning you'll have to do some job hunting as you would in any situation or you go through the steps for an independent visa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.