Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  curiousity 
#1 ·
I would be very grateful if anyone has the knowledge or a piece of advice to guide me what I should do in my case. I am tossing between visa options, Skilled independent and Employer sponsor or regional sponsor.

A bit of my background:
I am currently working full time in one of the big 4 audit firms as an IT auditor/advisory. I am on a graduate visa (485) which is due to expire in December 2013. I am in my hardest attempt to achieve IELTS band 7 in all components in Academic module (for skill assessment with CPA). Once I achieve that, I will sit in IELTS General Module and aim for band 8 in all components in order to apply for Skilled independent visa (885) which will be closed in January 2013. If I don’t pass IELTS band 8 before January 2013, I will then need to follow a new visa scheme with the introduction of EOI in which, I personally think, is a lot more difficult to gain a permanent residency unless you are highly skilled.

My questions/concerns:
1. I am not very happy about my current job and planning to leave for a new job offered by my friend as a graduate accountant for a small company earning around $35,000. I feel that I will be much happier there and I can see myself working for them in a long run as opposed to my current high stress job (I will be lucky to last for 1 year!). Once I work with the new company til my graduate visa expires, I will then ask them to sponsor me. The predicament I have got is whether I should stick with my current job which they won’t have any problem sponsoring me or leave for a new job which is uncertain in terms of the salary threshold eligibility. I understand that the minimum salary threshold eligibility for me to be sponsored is $51,500.
2. I believe after a couple years of experiences as an accountant, it should be easy to find an employer who can sponsor me. IT advisory is a niche market and I find that my options in securing other positions are limited as opposed to working as an accountant.
3. I am thinking about looking for a job in a regional area for a higher chance of getting a job and a sponsorship. I understand that after I work with a company in a regional area for 2 years, I can apply for permanent residency. Do you think this is a good idea? Also please correct me if I am wrong.

I have to apologise for this lengthy thread but I feel I am behind the eight balls. My highest aim is to get a permanent residency independently. That way, I don’t have to worry about who I work for or what job I will be doing. Please help me, I just want to be free and live my life happily. If you know any migration agents that are good and reasonable in price for a consultation session, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading thus far. May all the good karma come to you.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.