Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am trying to find out if anyone has experience of or knows anything about reapplying for a skilled migrant visa.

We previously applied and successfully gained a skilled migrant visa which was granted in 2011. Due to circumstances at the time we did not settle within Australia in the 5year period and hence our visa expired.

We are now in a position where if at all possible we would like to reapply.

My questions to this are as follows:

Is it possible to apply again?
If so is it more complicated? we did everything ourselves previously but if it would be more beneficial to use a visa agent then we would consider this route.

I have gone through the points system information and believe that we still qualify.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Yes, you can re-apply provided you meet the current requirements.

I take it that a RRV is not an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CCMS

Thanks for your reply.

No we only entered Australia to activate our visas but never spent long enough to be eligible for a RRV.

Do you think given the previous application that a second application would be more complicated? I did all the visa application myself previously and we were successful first time around. Do you think a migration agent would have more success given the circumstances or would it just be a standard application again?

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Hi CCMS

Thanks for your reply.

No we only entered Australia to activate our visas but never spent long enough to be eligible for a RRV.

Do you think given the previous application that a second application would be more complicated? I did all the visa application myself previously and we were successful first time around. Do you think a migration agent would have more success given the circumstances or would it just be a standard application again?

Thanks

Chris
I think it is always better to use a RMA (but I am one, so I'm obviously biased), especially since the requirements have become so much tougher.

Other than that, I can't see why the previous application would complicate things. Just make sure that the information you provide in the new application is consistent with information previously provided.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is always better to use a MIA (but I am one, so I'm obviously biased), especially since the requirements have become so much tougher.

Other than that, I can't see why the previous application would complicate things. Just make sure that the information you provide in the new application is consistent with information previously provided.
Thanks again, out of interest what would your costs be to handle a application?

We still have a folder with all information previously supplied so consistency wouldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Thanks again, out of interest what would your costs be to handle a application?

We still have a folder with all information previously supplied so consistency wouldn't be a problem.
If you send me an email, I'll send you a quote privately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.