Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a civil engineer and I am 26 years old.

I have taken the IELTS test and scored 8 overall with no band score less than 7.

I got my Bachelor degree assessed by Engineers Australia recently. (Professional Engineer)

Having the above I believe I have 55 points on the skillselect assessment, therefore, I need to be nominated by a state to meet the 60 points requirement.

I just wanted to ask in which visa I am more likely to be invited by the state, 489 OR 190? And in which one I have to wait less before being invited?

I don't mind being invited to regional and provisional visas my biggest interest is to get invited as quick as possible.

I know that receiving an invitation is a quite competitive process, so in which visa I will have better chances to compete?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Fortunately for you, there are not many Civil Engineers applying for PR visas. Have a look at which States or Territories are sponsoring your occupation. The main thing is to get an invitation. Once a State or Territory will sponsor you you will get an invation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Hasa,
You can apply for visa 489 even with 50 and the state sponsorship will give you another 10 points while for visa 190 you must hold 55 points and you will gain another 5 points as already know.
You do need to be aware that usually for 190 visa they pick the applicants with the highest score.
60 is not a high score and if you want to improve your English - (as for now you have proficient English level which gives you 10 points) and get band score 8 in each component which will bring you to superior level and gives you extra 10 points, this will increase your chances to be picked faster to any visa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I am a civil engineer and I am 26 years old.

I have taken the IELTS test and scored 8 overall with no band score less than 7.

I got my Bachelor degree assessed by Engineers Australia recently. (Professional Engineer)

Having the above I believe I have 55 points on the skillselect assessment, therefore, I need to be nominated by a state to meet the 60 points requirement.

I just wanted to ask in which visa I am more likely to be invited by the state, 489 OR 190? And in which one I have to wait less before being invited?

I don't mind being invited to regional and provisional visas my biggest interest is to get invited as quick as possible.

I know that receiving an invitation is a quite competitive process, so in which visa I will have better chances to compete?

Many thanks.
As of July 1 2018 they have increased the points requirements from 60 to 65 so based on your situation you'll need to either apply for subclass 489 or increase your English score and then apply for subclass 190.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.