Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are granted with a Skilled Regional Sponsorship via 475 from the State of Tasmania last December 2008, unfortunately up to now we haven't lodge our application to the DIAC. I just want to ask, how long is the grace period that States usually give to applicants for Sponsorship before lodging for a visa?
I have emailed Tasmanian Immigratin to confirm their grace period, but I got no reply. I am so worried. Any advise? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'd suspect in normal circumstances you ought to be OK with a State nomination for a year or more given that the immigration process, quite separate can itself take a while.

Unfortunately, courtesy of the global economic conditions we have far from what we have known just last year even as normal and have a read of the second sticky thread at top of section, links in various posts there and you will see that even the immigration department has news on tightening of immigration processes and that under prevailing conditions that can be up for more change they have departed somewhat from supporting their own processing times.

The good news for you possibly is that the immigration department has given priority to state nominations and it could be that regional sponsorships will fall into that area, there also having been a statement at some stage that certain classes of visas were excluded from any restrictions, not sure whether regional was included but think it was but it could have also changed with latest directions - read the data in sticky for that.

As to the nomination itself, the states do their own updates re employment classifications and conditions they apply and so a first check you could do would be to check their own web site to see whether your employment classification is still listed.

Have you also thoroughly checked what advice was initially forwarded for there could possibly be a validity date tucked away somewhere on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sponsored

hi i was planning to lodge my application of skilled regional sponsored visa 475 provisional this year however there has been modifications and changes in the SOL. my question is, is the new SOL only for skilled independent visa?

am i still be eligible to apply for a 475 visa whom my mother will sponsor me in a designated area where she lives in NSW?

my occupation is in the old SOL which is Architectural Associate

thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hi i was planning to lodge my application of skilled regional sponsored visa 475 provisional this year however there has been modifications and changes in the SOL. my question is, is the new SOL only for skilled independent visa?

am i still be eligible to apply for a 475 visa whom my mother will sponsor me in a designated area where she lives in NSW?

my occupation is in the old SOL which is Architectural Associate

thanks
Unfortunately your occupation will need to be on the new SOL

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
really? but it says the new SOL is for the independent skilled migrant...and a regional sponsored visa is still applicable on the old SOL

thanks
Applications for the 175/176/475 are currently not being accepted and you can expect they will not be taken until the new SOL is implemented, July01 expected for that.
Employer sponsored and onshore applications are still open and the existing SOL is still current until the new SOL ius implemented.

Where have you read it saying
the new SOL is for the independent skilled migrant...and a regional sponsored visa is still applicable on the old SOL
?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.