Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I am in bit confused state, need your expert advise.

I have got my ACS approval as Analyst Programmer in Sep 2010.

March 2011 i have got Victoria State Sponsorship, stating 4 months validity.

Until now i have given IELTS for 2 times, every time i get at least 1 subject as 5.5 and not all having 6 bands.

My agent is advising me to launch the VISA Application on or before 30 June 2011 before the new point scheme take effect.

I have blocked 25 June 2011 for IELTS exam.

Need your advise, whether i should launch the visa application now or wait till i get IELTS cleared. If i wait till IELTS cleared my state sponsorship will get void.

Please advise friends...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello friend,
If you are confident in getting the score this time you can apply or else please dont apply for others sake. If you are unable to get the score your money will be lost you cant sit for IELTS after you have lodged your application coz you must complete the IELTS before you apply. Also after 30th June the points test is going to be changed where you have to score 65 min. Hence evaluate yourself for the latest points system first and then take a decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi High Voltage,

Thanks for the response... today i have given IELTS exam, will get my results in 9 July 2011. I had a chat with my agent and he had given me a comfort that he can get time extension from DIAC for submitting IELTS results if the results are not favorable.

I wish to take a risk here by submitting the application by 30 June 2011. If worst happens, i might loose initial installment of A$2k+...

Thanks mate for your timely response...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi High Voltage,

Thanks for the suggestion and i am glad to inform you that my gamble had paid off. I have cleared off the IELTS with following score L7.5, R6.5, W7, S7.

I have already launched my 176 visa on 28 June 2011. I am waiting for the CO to get assigned.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.