Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am confused as to why there are 4 different "schedules" of the skilled occupations list, and what the differences are between them. Also I am wondering how it is determined that you are whatever you say you are. For instance, if I got a job doing general labor with a bricklayer for a few months while in the US, then I could say that my occupation is a bricklayer, could I not? I am planning to start a Non-profit organization within the next few months here is the US, When that happens I will be the only paid staff for a while and the CEO indefinitely which should qualify me for a Skilled labor visa as a Chief Executive Director, not to mention the treasurer and all other positions while the NPO is in it's incipient stage, right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ha,ha. it's not that easy.

'Also I am wondering how it is determined that you are whatever you say you are'

You need to get a skills assessment (search the immi website for more infor) for that - which means, you need to collect all your certificates (connected to the job you claim you're doing) and also evidence of work experience (for some jobs you need to be able to prove that you've been doing this job for x number of years). Then you submit it, and if the assessing authority finds that yes, you are really what you say you are, you get a positive assessment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.