Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a u.s. citizen and would like to move to australia because many people have told me that bricklayers over there make way more money than here in the u.s. or maybe even canada. can i immigrate as a skilled worker but only with this skill that i have as working as an experienced bricklayer here in the u.s. for the past 15+ years? who would have the final say in this case, would it be the australian government or a private employer? can someone immigrate to australia under the skilled worker category assuming that there is a shortage of bricklayers, electricians, carpenters, plummers, or anyone else who is a skilled worker in a vocation or trade which we can only assume that there is a shortage for????? can someone from the u.s. or canada immigrate if theyre a skilled worker in any of these fields? if someone graduated from jobcorps which is a free government vocational/trade school in the u.s. or a school in canada, how could they immigrate to australia as a bricklayer or any other trade listed???? would this be feasibly possible? how can one immigrate? can someone please tell me. rsvp. thank you.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
The first step in the process is to obtain a positive pre-migration skills assessment in your nominated occupation then lodge an expression of interest with Australian immigration and if invited, apply for a visa.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your likely prospects?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.