Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my fist post in this forum. We are new to Australian Visa processing, hence a humble request to help us with the queries.
Thanks in Advance.

My husband and I are in the process of applying for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189). I will be the primary applicant and will add my spouse and our 4 year old daughter as additional applicants. With respect to this I had a few questions. Please assist.

1.My husband and I fall in different occupation list. My hubby’s occupation is not found in the Medium and Long term skilled Set list rather it is mentioned against the Short-Term Skilled Set List.Will this be a problem?

2.I have the required 60 points for the visa and doesn't have to use any from my spouse.Should we also get my spouse's Skills assessed? Or is it sufficient if the skills assessment is completed just for the primary applicant? If we are not doing the Skill assessment for my spouse , will he be able to work in Australia.?
(Our situation is that we both fall under different occupation list)

Regards
SSRaj

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
1. Yes
2. Pre-migration skills assessmenta are for most occupations irrelevant to Australian employment prospects; except in those cases where registration to practise counts as the skills assessment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Russell

So , is it that me and my spouse should belong to same occupation list for visa processing.How can this situation be tackled or is it that we will not be able to apply for visa processing.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Thank you Russell

So , is it that me and my spouse should belong to same occupation list for visa processing.How can this situation be tackled or is it that we will not be able to apply for visa processing.
If you go to my website:
pinoyau.com
and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case, ifyou wish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.