Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Can someone kindly help me with this?
(1) In the EOI, for the end date of a particular education, do I put the completion date or graduation date?
(2) At the end of the EOI, the system is saying that I'm claiming 70 points for a 190 visa, which I don't think is correct. I think skillselect has awarded me 5 points for my 4 years of work experience outside of Australia but Vetassess already informed me that they're only recognising 0.5 years of work experience because my degree was unrelated to my occupation. Can I go ahead and submit even though skillselect has wrongly calculated my points (I should be claiming for 65, not 70).

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The completion date.

Regarding the work experience. You can only claim work experience after you are deemed skilled. In the EOI you can designate work experience as either related to your occupation or not. If you do that, you can get the right number of points.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The completion date.

Regarding the work experience. You can only claim work experience after you are deemed skilled. In the EOI you can designate work experience as either related to your occupation or not. If you do that, you can get the right number of points.
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. So I should designate the work experience as NOT related to my occupation, even though it is, because VETASSESS has deemed it as not being at the right skill level? What if VETASSESS deemed the first 3 years of my work experience as not having met the skill level of the nominated occupation but the last 1 year as meeting it? Should I then break up the work experience (from a single job) into two periods, with only the second period designated as related to my occupation?

Also, am I correct in assuming that skillselect gave me 5 points for state nomination even though I haven't actually gotten state nomination yet? It's the only way I can think of how they arrived at 70 points.

Thank you very much for all your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.