Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hi I am from India, I have applied 176 visa under sponsership of my sister. in MArch 2009. When i can expect medicals etc. as i have to change the job and my current employer is unlikely to attend any enquiry from DIMA. Please give me some suggesstion.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Have a read of our sticky thread#4 re processing priorities and a 176 faamily sponsorship is unlikely to be processed this year.
It'll be better if you can get a state nomination, information also under 176 visa.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Have a read of our sticky thread#4 re processing priorities and a 176 faamily sponsorship is unlikely to be processed this year.
It'll be better if you can get a state nomination, information also under 176 visa.
Thanks for your information, i have read the same, This year means till dec 2009, after that can we ewxpect any thing as I have to change the job and my present employer is unlikely to handle any enquiry from DIMA, What should I do. Is there will be any enquiry from DIMA regarding my job experience as i have taken 60 pints from ACS
Regards

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
A closer read of http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/program-changes-faq.pdf will explain the year is 09/10.

Will it change for 10/11?
If the GFC gets worse then restrictions could get greater!

If you have an IT classification with qualifications already approved by ACS you may be on the CSL or perhaps even get a state nomination.

As for changing employment you ought to get a certificate of employment from any employer, ideally with full details re period of employment, position and description of duties and preferably on company letterhead staionary.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plz Help me out

No, mine qualification is neither on MODL nor on CSL also not under state nomination (Victoria) its Computer Professional-Syatem Manager, plz check. So if the situation remains the same or improves (Ausi currency is always rising, so their economy is going strong) can i expect any news till march 2010.
Regarding Job, can DIMA make any phone call or visit personally at my working place to enquire about job experience. If they will call , may be my employer do not attend them or make false statement. What can happen in that situation. Can they enquire about recent work experience of one year by phone etc?

Regards

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, mine qualification is neither on MODL nor on CSL also not under state nomination (Victoria) its Computer Professional-Syatem Manager, plz check. So if the situation remains the same or improves (Ausi currency is always rising, so their economy is going strong) can i expect any news till march 2010.
Regarding Job, can DIMA make any phone call or visit personally at my working place to enquire about job experience. If they will call , may be my employer do not attend them or make false statement. What can happen in that situation. Can they enquire about recent work experience of one year by phone etc?

Regards
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Help:confused::mad:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you do not have an IT category on the CSL then you'll just have to see if changes do occur in the future,
I do not think the government would even know yet though they have called for submissions re reviewing the CSL listings.
You can keep checking Department of Immigration & Citizenship for they post on the home page references to new action in the immigration area.
As to whether they would make checks with employers I imagine decisions like that could be on a case by case assessment of how applications were considered to have full and accurate information.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do u think

Thanks,
What do you think in what year I can get visa? Is it possible i get visa before June 2010? or I will have to wait till what time approximately....

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It is something that the Government will be reviewing, I'd expect for a number of years yet based on global and Australian economic conditions.
I've got no crystal ball but my gut feel is that you ought to not consider anything changing too quick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know no body can tell exact time; but i just want to know how many years it will take as per your gut feeling, in which year i can expect my PR so that I can plan my future accordingly, just tell me as per your experience and gut feeling..........::(

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Well, if I attempt to read between the too many lines of:
PO popularity has sunk to a lowest level of any President at this stage of term.
Wall Street has rebounded but nothing of underlying basics has changed.

International airlines are in trouble. Qantas has cancelled new aircraft orders.

Our own government has decided borrowing willy nilly is good!

There are some predictions our housing market is yet to collapse, something I posted on here about some months ago.

The government is hell bent on giving more jobs to India and China courtesy of carbon trading putting electricity costs higher than they have already started to go and higher again they will go because of the fantasy of 20% renewable energy.

IT/call centre jobs already go offshore to countries where labour rates are not anywhere near as high in countries referred to as the western world!

We are already importing Asparagus from Peru [not in cans mind you].

The failure to address drought [they occur regularly enough] but harp on about climate change.

And even in sunny California, the 8th largest economy on the planet is on the virge of bankruptcy with a few more US states not far behind.

Car manufacturers have huge stockpiles at wharves around the planet.

Unemployment is not so high because employees are showing some sense in being prepared to work less hours, ie. four days a week, maybe three days is next!

So my gut feel is that the planets economy is in something of a mess brought about because of the good partying times of the Wild wild west of more recent decades where Wall street has partied supreme with little logic at times or government oversight because those in departments may have had the ability got seduced into Wall street themselves by enormously rediculous salaries offered there where no one really understood what was going on anyway and still probably doesn't, other than if you party hard enough with the right people there may be some more money to stump you up from either the private sector or when the Madoff and other Ponchi schemes were discovered and there was no more money, the government has had to miraculously produce some more - more borrowings from where?

Australia has already had a few financial investment scheme disasters of its own occur, one company very aptly called Storm where investors were heavily encouraged to borrow against their homes to buy shares when the market was booming.
Off course when it fell, so did Storm and now thousands of people stand to lose their homes, investors having been invited to discussions with the bank in question.

If that bank goes softly softly with them to absorb losses, what does that mean for all the other bank customers and shareholders?

Maybe you can get a dart board and blindly throw five darts, add up the total and fivide by three and say the answer is 17

2017 sounds good

But that could be when China calls in its IOUs and we become their most southern province!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanx Wanderer, 2017.................. I would like to die before as I am in very bad economic situation and i want to leave India asap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.