Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all we are hoping to apply for the spouse visa at the end of November, but we are having a few problems with evidence:
1. We live in a house owned by my husbands Mother and Uncle, all the bills are in her name (this is standard in Greece), She will write a letter stating the length of time we have lived here etc and that the bills are sent to her address and paid by oursleves. Is this enough?
2. We have almost nothing in both our names, only an old 6 month lease and a reciept from the airline (paid on my credit card) when we moved from England to Greece. Im worried this will look bad since we are married but really don't have much to show them
3. Since I live here in Greece with my husband and don't have a residence in Australia, my Mother is writing a Stat Dec to say that she has given her consent for us to live with her as long as is required. I feel like the fact we are living together rather than my being in Australia with job, house etc goes against us?
4. Will it help to show that I am only able to reside in Greece because the Greek government acknowledges our Marriage? Any ideas how I can show this?
5. We work seasonaly, get paid cash in hand and I have no bank account in Greece and cannot open one with my Husband until we get our tax papers back from the last financial year.
Sorry for such a long post but Im really worried they are going to reject our application :mad:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
All you can do is bring together all you have and a marriage certificate and I imagine you have some sort of visa for Greece or otherwise contact the government office there that approves of you being resident because of mariage and you ought to be able to get some sort of a document.
Coupling that with the MIL statement on rental and bills will give you a basis and then any mailings that you have can also be evidence, and even any passport stamps or if none because movement has been within the EU, I imagine there will still be some sort of a traceable computer record and you should at least just detail all your dates.
Taxation records will also help and have a read of el kitten's sticky thread re ideas and just have everything clearly documented.
As for not working back here, having assetts etc., that will not so much affect you being an eligible sponsor but they may ask that you arrange an Assurer of Support and that will mean having someone be an Assurer for you, there's an information link in the family visa online info and it'll mean having someone with an income of about $25,000 p.a. I think it may be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.