Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a New Zealand Citizen, I have been living in Australia for ten years, recently went on holiday to Thailand where i was arrested for possession of approximately 2.1 grams of Cannabis (stupid i know) I paid a fine, various other legal costs and was deported back to New Zealand.
I am now attempting to go home and have been directed by the Australian consulate to file a consent disclosure form which will allow them to assess my character(taking approximately 3 weeks)
I have no other convictions in Australia or New Zealand, apart from a few public transport fines in Australia.
What are my chances of making it home?
Do I have any other options outside the SCV?
Cheers in advance:)

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
From what has been posted, success looks very likely, but they are currently coming down like a ton of bricks on anything drug related.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard that they are getting very serious with drug convictions. But will they know what happened in Thailand as i doubt the offense will carry over to NZ police. As far as NZ and Australia goes I have had no convictions, if i was caught doing the same thing in either country it would unlikely be written up.
Its not as if you can talk to these people which makes it even more difficult
cheers for the help

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
I have heard that they are getting very serious with drug convictions. But will they know what happened in Thailand as i doubt the offense will carry over to NZ police. As far as NZ and Australia goes I have had no convictions, if i was caught doing the same thing in either country it would unlikely be written up.
Its not as if you can talk to these people which makes it even more difficult
cheers for the help
Failure to declare any conviction is likely to be regarded more seriously than the conviction itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will be 4 weeks tomorrow and still no outcome on my character check, I have emailed and called DFAT, The Australian embassy and TTS, getting no answers or replys to anything. I have had to forfeit my job and soon my apartment having only the clothes I was wearing when I boarded my flight. Any suggestions on getting any info at all on my case. Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.