Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My partner (Italian) and I are waiting for our 820 partner visa application to be processed. She just received a minor speeding fine (under 10km, 1 demerit point). Will that affect her application at all? We haven't gotten the police checks done yet as we heard that it's best to wait until they ask for it?

She's using her Italian driver's license if that matters.

Thanks,
Marcus

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Disclose it on your application / update them if you've applied.

I had 2 speeding fines on my licence (higher range then hers) when I applied and had no issues.

Wait for them to ask for it or alternitivly send it in 6-8 months after you apply, they last for 12 months so if it takes longer then that you may have to pay for a new one is all, same as the medicals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Disclose it on your application / update them if you've applied.

I had 2 speeding fines on my licence (higher range then hers) when I applied and had no issues.

Wait for them to ask for it or alternitivly send it in 6-8 months after you apply, they last for 12 months so if it takes longer then that you may have to pay for a new one is all, same as the medicals.
Hey Mania,

would you think traffic summons (speeding) that has been resolved and paid for should be declared too (some years back, maybe 2 or years before 820 application)? AFP checks is cleared and no records...

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.