Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered but can't find an answer.

So my partner and I have been putting together an online application for the 820/801 partner visa. We have the whole application and evidence pretty much ready to go but upon submitting the 47SP form noticed payment needs to be from one bank card/BPAY/paypal only. We have over 75% of the fee saved up but assumed that we could split the nearly 7k payment over more than 1 card (i.e put some of it onto his credit card). His WHV expires soon so we are quite short on time. Does anyone have experience of splitting the payment over more than one card/account in the actual immigration office or is it the same deal as the online application?

If we can pop into the local Brisbane office on Monday morning and just split the payment no dramas, but if we cant we need to be looking at other options asap.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
It has to be one payment.

You cannot pay for the application in a DIBP office in any shape or form as far as I know.

You either pay online for an online application or you include credit card details or bank cheque/ money order with form 47 SP.

I don't think you can buy a bank cheque or money order with a credit card. Could you take out a cash advance on the credit card to cover the remaining 25%, then buy a bank cheque or money order?

If you can, better check how much interest you will be charged on the cash advance.

Alternatively, can't you pay the whole amount with your credit card, then move the money you have saved to your credit card account?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
You must pay online and there is no facility to use more than on payment source. You will have to transfer the VAC amount to the card or account you propose to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.