Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponosr support once in Australia

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TCaley 
#1 ·
I have only just joined the forum and we haven't submitted our application yet for my partner Jeremy yet, but hope to do so in the next week or so. I'm Aussie, he's British, together nearly 6 years, lots of supporting paperwork and documentation to prove our relationship.

I have a question regarding the requirement of the sponsor to support the applicant once in Australia after reading people's experiences. The sponsor (which is me as the Aussie) needs to show they can support their partner on arriving in Australia.

As far as finances go my partner Jeremy has always been a higher earner than myself as he works in advertising and I am an actor with fluctuating earnings.

We have already put the feelers out for work and can se it will be very quick to find him work, and as such he will be the primary earner when we go out there. We will also have a decent amount of savings when we move which we can show through bank statements.

We will be staying with my family in Sydney for a few months until we find our own place.

How to I explain this in relation to the required support from the sponsor? Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Aw - Australian is a lot more lenient on the sponsor - compared to UK partner visas ;)

Don't think too much into it. You simply tick a box online and declare that you will look after your partner for the next two years. I myself was the sponsor for my partner - I didn't provide any proof at all that I had the means to sponsor my partner, I just agreed to it as part of the application.

Some people add tax returns and their CV's to the application to show their earning potential but it's not really necessary.

You can also explain in your partner statements that Jeremy has always been the higher earner and that you have already looked into work and don't feel he would have any issues landing a job in Sydney.

As I said, don't think too much into it. People who are only on Centrelink benefits have successfully sponsored foreign spouses :)

Reactions: CollegeGirl
#5 ·
Just concentrate on the evidence requirements and meeting all four evidence categories :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.