Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! So my partner and I did his application last year when we applied for my perspective marriage visa. While my application was 'Finalised' at grant, his sponsorship one wasn't, it still just says 'Submitted'. We've since got married, and I did my 820/801 application last week.

We go a request for more info this week (his AFP check) and I was like "Oh no we haven't done his new sponsor application yet" (Our Australia Day long weekend plan), but it seems that he's got the "I confirm additional info provided" button on his original "submitted" sponsor application.

So does he not need to do a new one? Do we just need to upload his new documents and requested things (like the police check)?

Any clarification would be great, thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
If you are lodging a sc. 820 visa, you must lodge both a visa application and a new sponsorship application.

Just ignore the old one that still says "submitted". They don't update sponsorship status for some reason.

Use the TRN of the sc. 820 visa application for the new sponsorship application.

You can upload your sponsor's Police Certificate through your ImmiAccount and add it to your sc. 820 visa application. When you apply for the National Police Certificate (NPC) make sure to do it through the official AFP website. Don't use one of those third party providers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are lodging a sc. 820 visa, you must lodge both a visa application and a new sponsorship application.

Just ignore the old one that still says "submitted". They don't update sponsorship status for some reason.

Use the TRN of the sc. 820 visa application for the new sponsorship application.

You can upload your sponsor's Police Certificate through your ImmiAccount and add it to your sc. 820 visa application. When you apply for the National Police Certificate (NPC) make sure to do it through the official AFP website. Don't use one of those third party providers.
Perfect, thank you so much for your quick response Nick, I really appreciate it.

Yes, of course! So many shady operators out there when it comes to this stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Perfect, thank you so much for your quick response Nick, I really appreciate it.

Yes, of course! So many shady operators out there when it comes to this stuff!
The third party providers I referred to are mostly legit, but you don't need them. Some clients of mine used them, paid $ 87 instead of $ 42 and ended up with the wrong police certificate. It is pretty straightforward to do it on the AFP website and it should only cost $ 42.

Reactions: sheilae
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.