Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

We have recently launched my wife's partner visa, and I realized there was a sponsor subsection for uploading documents. I uploaded all my (sponsor) documents including form 40sp, however, there is a separate option to start a new application as a sponsor. Is what I have done incorrect? Should I have launched a separate "sponsor application?"

·
Registered
974 Posts
Has your partner filled out their portion of the application and have you linked your sponsorship application to their application?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has your partner filled out their portion of the application and have you linked your sponsorship application to their application?
Hi Eh,

Thanks for your reply. She has filled out her portion, as well the portion for our daughter completely. Unfortunately we can't remember if we linked my sponsorship application to theirs. We do see three subsections, one for my wife, one for our daughter, and one for myself, which specifically asks for sponsor-related documents only. I believe this may be because I may have linked my application to theirs, but I guess that's what I'm inquiring about.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
If you did the sponsor form online in immi (a separate form to the applicant's), then it would have asked you for the applicant's TRN. If you put that in and the form let you continue, then it linked the two.

If you haven't done it and only uploaded the paper form, you can try and see if that will suffice but it is my understanding that immigration has done away with the paper forms. Not even sure where you got the idea from as the website tells the sponsors to do the online sponsor form in immi and has been that way for a while.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Skybluebrewer,

I wish I could recall if I linked my application with my wife's, but I believe you may be correct since a separate subsection for uploading documents appears with my name. There was a section under my name for Form 40sp, which I filled in, signed and uploaded. I guess I will just have to wait and see if the CO requests me to create a sponsor application or not. Thanks for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.