Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am in need of clarification and some advice.

I have sponsored before for partner visa but unfortunately the marriage ended. I am now wanting to be a sponsor again for my current partner. My question is, am I eligible to be a sponsor again?????

my previous details as a sponsor:
- applied offshore
- application was submitted back in 2011. I can not remember the exact date
- visa was granted 2013. Again, I can not remember the exact date

AM I ELIGIBLE TO BE A SPONSOR AGAIN???

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please see information pulled from Dept of Home Affairs

Partner and Prospective Marriage visa holders
Usually, you cannot be a sponsor if any of the following apply to you:

you were granted a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) in the last five years
you have sponsored two other people on a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)
you have sponsored another person on a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) in the last five years.
However, you may still be able to be a sponsor if there are compelling circumstances, for example:

your previous partner died or abandoned the relationship, and you have young children
you have been with your current partner longer than two years
you or your partner have dependent children.

As you only sponsored once, and I believe 5-year has passed, you should be able to sponsor your current partner.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am in need of clarification and some advice.

I have sponsored before for partner visa but unfortunately the marriage ended. I am now wanting to be a sponsor again for my current partner. My question is, am I eligible to be a sponsor again?????

my previous details as a sponsor:
- applied offshore
- application was submitted back in 2011. I can not remember the exact date
- visa was granted 2013. Again, I can not remember the exact date

AM I ELIGIBLE TO BE A SPONSOR AGAIN???

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
The 5 years is calculated from the date of the previous visa application to the date of approval/refusal of the current sponsorship.

Assume new grant in 2018, less 5 years = 2013 application date. Yours was 2011, so OK.

A person may sponsor two partner or prospective marriage visa applicants in total.

There are limited exemptions for this, especially where young children are involved in the new relationship.

Reactions: ampk
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.