Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long, tedious, papertrailed, but well worth it journey, my partner and I have just completed the immigration process! I am the Australian sponsor of my defacto partner, originally from Canada, who has just been granted his permanent residency via partner visa (subclass 820/801). ​
The initial paper application was made in Feb 2012, and with a lengthy processing delay, subclass 820- temporary residency- was granted in October 2013.
The permanent processing stage began in December 2014- with an online application. Visa 801 Permanent residency was granted very swiftly in Feb 2015. I am very appreciative of the Australian Government for the manner in which we were dealt with throughout the process, each case officer was kind and responded to emails promptly, clearly and succinctly. The short processing time for the permanent stage was exceptional.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions- although I am certainly not a professional on this matter, I feel that being through this process I may have some hints and tips that will help fellow sponsors or applicants through the process. i have certainly relied a lot on the information I received from posters to this forum- thanks AustraliaForum

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.