Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a brand new de facto Temporary Residency Visa holder (yay!), and have a question about what Immigration actually expects of a sponsor financially. My partner may be made redundant at some point in the next year. This is not something that we will know for sure for several months.

If she is not working at the time of our "permanent" review, is this going to affect my ability to get my permanent residency? I will retire in 10 months and will be self-funding.

If she IS made redundant, what should we be doing in the meantime to make sure the review goes smoothly? We own our home and car, and she has some debt, but not much.

I am currently off-shore, as my regional office is located in Hong Kong.

Thanks.

Susan

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I am a brand new de facto Temporary Residency Visa holder (yay!), and have a question about what Immigration actually expects of a sponsor financially. My partner may be made redundant at some point in the next year. This is not something that we will know for sure for several months.

If she is not working at the time of our "permanent" review, is this going to affect my ability to get my permanent residency? I will retire in 10 months and will be self-funding.

If she IS made redundant, what should we be doing in the meantime to make sure the review goes smoothly? We own our home and car, and she has some debt, but not much.

I am currently off-shore, as my regional office is located in Hong Kong.

Thanks.

Susan
Your partner being made redundant would likely only have an effect if there was a flow on to you not being in a relationship when the assessment for PR is made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.